mShell 3.05 Released
Version 3.05 of mShell has been released and can be downloaded here.
This new release aids the development of professional looking standalone apps with neet features.
New in this release:
- app.cature() registers a certain key event, for processing by
whether m has the keyboard focus or not.
- module calendar now supports to get or set the description field of an entry and its synchronisation mode (public, private, none).
- new module cam2. Basically the same as module cam but with extended functionality like support for (auto) focus or setting the flash mode.
- files.wait() waits for the contents of a directory being
updated, i.e. a file in this
directory being created, renamed, or deleted.
- graph.show(x, y, degrees) has an optional third parameter to rotate the view in steps of 90 degrees.
- system.lock() allows to get and set the system wide key lock state in a m script.
- ui.form() does no longer silently ignore the dialog title
on S60 devices, it will be displayed in the application title bar
- ui.label() allows to get/set the labels of the left and right soft button (S60) or the text in the application title bar. Together with flag ui.opt2, when declaring interest in keyboard events by means of ui.keys(), it's now possible to completely overwrite the standard behavior of the mShell soft keys.
- better exception handling, especially in module async.
- on S60 5th Ed devices the Return-key will be treated the same as the Go-key. Makes mShell better usable on devices with a keyboard, but no five way navigation button, like the Nokia N97 mini.
Wednesday, April 07, 2010, Jürg Bühler